Sunday, May 13, 2007

Spring '07 Coming to an End

As the last blog for the semester, I don't think it would make sense or even be appropriate to just write about another article or business topic. Rather, I think it is a good time to reflect on what happened during the semester and year.

A lot has occurred for me this year at SJSU. I pledged for a business fraternity last semester in hopes to create a stronger sense of connection to school. Through my observations, I quickly realized that with any organization, there are its pros and cons. Hanging on, I believe has made it less and less appealing over time. Moving into this semester has been tough. I have been disappointed for the most part, and at times angry. I have also been very unmotivated for various reasons, but I have fought to just hang in there a little by little.

Having a good sense of these issues since the midst of last semester, I knew the semester ahead in Fall 07 probably would not work to my benefit. I just don't feel I could have a sense of purpose if I continued to be here. I have taken a year off of school before, and an urge to take some time off again is very strong. But I cannot allow that, because I wouldn't be doing anything worthwhile; so a solution to my dilemmas is to leave the country.

I think I just need a "break" while still continuing my studies and striving forward. Something new to keep me interested and motivated. So after 3 months of contemplation and another 3 months of applications and waiting, I am finally going to go to Hong Kong with the help of a scholarship from the COB too. I think as a business major and just as a person in general, going abroad for extended periods of time would be a spectacular experience. And for a semester, I get to "start over." Which is pretty cool when I think about it. So, for those of you who want to have an exciting and challenging change for once in your life, or to just take a break from the usual, think about studying abroad. ;)

~Good Luck for the Year Ahead and Have a Good Summer

1 comment:

BC said...

I don't normally leave comments in student blogs, but congratulations on getting the scholarship! I love to hear that students are studying abroad. Good luck! --Ben